Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the visual appearance, enhances the smile as well as helps to improve the overall oral functions. Using the new technologies and the materials, the cosmetic dentistry became easier and efficient, so don’t need to visit your dentist in Penrith with fear anymore. Here in this article we discuss the types, procedure and its benefits of cosmetic dentistry.
Popular Cosmetic Dentistry and its Procedures
Teeth Whitening: This is also called as Teeth Bleaching. This procedure is an inexpensive way to brighten your smile.
Here is the procedure of teeth whitening which is discussed below
– First the dental team will put a rubber shield or a gel on your gums to protect them.
– Then they will apply the whitening product to your teeth, using a specially made tray which fits into your mouth like a mouthguard.
– As the active ingredient is broken down, oxygen gets into the enamel on the teeth and the tooth colour is made lighter.
Tooth Bonding: Bonding is among the easiest and least expensive of cosmetic dental procedures which repair a decayed, chipped, fractured or discoloured tooth.
The procedure usually takes 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
– Once your dentist in Penrith has chosen the colour, the tooth will then be coated lightly with a conditioning liquid.
– Your dentist will apply the tooth-coloured, putty-like resin. The resin is moulded and smoothed until it’s the proper shape. Then the material is hardened with an ultraviolet light or laser
– After the bonding material hardens, your dentist will further trim and shape it, and polish the material until it matches the sheen of the rest of the tooth surface.
Dental Crown and Dental Implant
– A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a tooth to cover the damaged tooth to restore its shape, strength, and improve its appearance.
– Your dentist will examine the tooth to make sure that it can support a crown, then begin filing it down to prepare for the crown.
– Alternatively, if the tooth is severely damaged or broken, your dentist will fill it in to make it large enough to properly receive the crown. Such procedure is called dental Implants
– Implants are the most stable option to replace one’s missing teeth.
– After the implant treatment the dentist will measure the size of the missing teeth to make a perfect crown to make the treatment prefect.
– Once your dental crown procedure is complete, it may take some getting used to before the permanent crown feels normal in your mouth. That’s it.